EYE BAG REMOVAL SINGAPORE
DARK EYE CIRCLES TREATMENT & REMOVAL
What are dark eye circles?
Dark circles refer to darkening of the skin under the lower eyelids. They are common in both men and women. Often made worse by eye bags, dark circles can make you appear older and more tired than you are. Tag: Dark Eye Circle Treatment
How do dark eye circles form?
The formation of dark eye circles can be attributed to mainly 2 factors – blood vessel congestion and engorgement that give a dark bluish/ greenish/ purplish hue under the eye; and hyperpigmentation, which is increased pigment formation or deposition in the under eye area.
What can worsen dark eye circles?
– Lack of sleep or poor sleeping habits
– Allergies causing vessel dilatation and accumulation of blood
– Overexposure to sun light increasing pigment formation
– Ageing which leads thinning of the skin under the eye making the blood vessels more visible
– Smoking leading to premature ageing of skin
– Inherited genes
Tag: Dark Eye Circle Treatment
Possible treatment options – Best Dark Eye Circle Treatment?
1. Lasers which target the blood vessels under the eye and the pigmentation around the eye,
2. Under eye fillers which can be used to mask the appearance of blood vessels as well as stimulate collagen to improve skin elasticity and thickness,
3. Rejuran-I (eye) which repairs damaged skin cells and stimulate collagen production,
4. Skin tightening devices such as Thermage and Ultherapy to help fix the laxity in the skin and reduce fine lines under the eye, and
5. Skincare products that also play an important role. Products containing ingredients to lighten the pigmentation and protect the skin from UV-induced free radical damage can help in the long run.
Which is suitable for me? – Dark Eye Circle Treatment
There is no one-size-fits-all approach. The choice of treatment depends on the severity of the dark circles and the major factor causing them. The best approach is often one that is customized to the patient addressing specific problems causing the dark circles.
Are the treatments painful?
Most dark eye circle treatments are well tolerated. Some may require numbing cream or local anaesthetic, but generally most people are able to tolerate treatment without needing to be put asleep.
How soon can I see results?
Results vary between people. Fillers usually yield immediate results while lasers and skin tightening treatments show in time and several sessions may be needed before optimal results are attained.
Any downtime when undergoing dark eye circle treatment?
Most dark eye circle treatments have minimal downtime, but minimally invasive procedures such as Rejuran-I and under eye fillers carry a risk of bruising and swelling, which may last a couple of days.
At SAC, we understand that every patient is unique. Our treatments are customized so that each treatment plan is personalized to the patient’s unique problem.